Date posted: January 2019
Position type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town
Direct report: Insights manager
You are a nerd of the marketing world, or an accountant with a bit of flair, and you have an analytical mind with the creative ability to simplify and visually represent data in an easy to understand and aesthetically appealing way.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have “stickabiltiy” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve and figuring out how to use new and complex software. You enjoy calculations and attention to detail and accuracy are non-negotiables in your work output and deliverables.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive and proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communication and can engage professionally with and build rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required.
It will be to your advantage to have experience or an interest in market research and the role you play will be crucial in ensuring that the insights team identifies, articulates and provides powerful and actionable insights to our clients within the FMCG industry and beyond.
You will report directly into the Insights Manager and will work closely with the projects, operations and commercial teams in the development and running of client reports on a monthly basis and on projects, reporting and analysis as assigned.
- Running of monthly reports and checking as required
- Delivery of monthly reporting frameworks to end users
- New report set-ups and ongoing development and changes to existing reports
- Data Analysis as assigned
- Development and delivery of client-specific reporting in conjunction with the Commercial Team
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc data requests
Skills and experience
A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. Industry related work experience in FMCG, Customer Insights, Market Research or Retail related industry would be an advantage but is not a necessary requirement. Any Tableau related experience or exposure would be highly advantageous.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- Experience in data analysis and databases would be advantageous
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with a technical team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
- Strong attention to detail
- Methodical with a thorough approach to work
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, please submit your CV and a motivational letter below
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident.