Position type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town
Start date: February 2019
Direct report: Infrastructure manager
You are a keen trouble-shooter and have excellent problem-solving skills and enjoy working through the details in order to manage and positively resolve desktop, technical and infrastructure issues.
You are action orientated, can multitask and prioritise effectively in order to identify and action the most important first while communicating continuously ensuring that all and sundry are fully aware of timelines for resolution.
You get great satisfaction working in a support role and are firm yet display patience and tenacity in the execution of tasks and are accurate and consistent, only delivering work that you know is 100% resolved.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive and proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communication both via e-mail and face to face and can engage professionally with and build rapport with internal team members both in office and across the DataOrbis regions.
It will be to your advantage to have hands-on experience in remote desktop, telephonic and onsite support in a cloud-based Microsoft Operating Systems environment with an interest in and exposure to security standards and systems.
The role you play will be crucial in ensuring that the IT systems and infrastructure effectively supports the team in their everyday work and will be responsible for monitoring and implementing security control procedures across the global business.
- Manage and own the helpdesk for end user day to day support (remote, telephonic and onsite)
- Order, configure and maintain hardware with the business
- Monitor automated IT logging and raise exceptions
- Ensure compliance with DataOrbis framework
- Manage and own the process for internal and external user permissions to all business applications
- Assist with DataOrbis framework audits and reviews
- Maintain and implement the security administration processes according to the required guidelines and best practice
- Notify the Infrastructure Manager on non-compliance
Skills and experience
- A relevant IT qualification enabling an understanding of IT infrastructures and applications
- 2 years broad IT experience
- Knowledge of the below would be advantageous;
- All recent Microsoft client operating systems
- Basic troubleshooting of end user hardware
- Microsoft Office Suite
- ISO 27000 \ ISO 27001 \ ISO 27002 framework and standards
- Good time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally interact with both internal and external clients as well as communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered
- Process driven individual and highly organised and excellent at juggling tasks and prioritising with excellent organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, please submit your CV and a motivational letter below
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident.