Junior Projects Analyst
Location: Cape Town
You are a keen problem solver and are highly skilled at using both your intuition and logic to come up with workable solutions for implementation. You have solid interpersonal skills and are tenacious in gathering information in order to identify the best solution and are open minded yet logically sceptical and can scenario analyse prior to execution of a project or task. You display patience in the resolution of issues and working in a ever-changing environment energises you.
Initiative is your middle name and you are a super proactive multi-tasker with very strong organisational and administrative skills and can efficiently manage and handle numerous tasks across multiple projects in a structured manner while remaining calm and collected. You are confident in engaging professionally with and in building rapport with both internal team members and departments as well as external clients and data sources as required.
You are a bigger picture kind of person and enjoy working within a team based environment and are able to be the play maker of one team and a team player of another…both at the same time!
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have “stickabiltiy” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve and figuring out how to use new and complex software and tools. You have excellent attention to detail, accuracy is a non-negotiable in your work output and you are deadline driven always ensuring that timelines are met (read beaten).
It will be to your advantage to have experience or an interest in data information and project management and the role you play within the projects team will be crucial in ensuring that by balancing people, data and deadlines all new data sources, clients and solutions are accurately planned-in, managed, set-up and complete through cross-team collaboration
- Commercial interaction and engagement in order to fully understand and spec the project scope and timelines
- Planning out and managing the execution of projects through cross team collaboration with the Business Intelligence, Insights and Operations teams
- Architecting solutions that will enable the correct and efficient processing of data for delivery to client
- Data flow design and the creation of workflows for the processing of data
- The correct and thorough handover of complete projects to the Operations team for monthly processing and delivery
Skills and experience
A tertiary qualification, Business Science IS or Marketing, BCom Quantitative Management, Project Management or equivalent. Industry or Project Management Experience in an IT, Data Information, Market Research or related industry would be an advantage but is not a necessary requirement.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- A conceptual understanding of Data Warehousing theory and best practices would be advantageous as would exposure to and understanding of SQL queries
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to professionally collaborate and communicate and interact with both internal team members and clients and data sources on an going basis
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve data related issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the technical team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to a query or process and/or follow guidelines and specifications.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate, self-motivated with a sound values and belief system and a sense of humour
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident.