Junior Software Developer
Location: Cape Town
Direct report: Head of IT Dev and Infrastructure
DataOrbis is looking for a full stack MVC, C#, HTML 5 and Angular developer with a strong track record to join their dynamic and innovative IT team.
The ideal candidate needs to be an honest and self-motivated team player who is willing to be a key member of the IT Dev Team and be responsible for development work on the businesses enterprise cloud-based application that centralises, processes, transforms and integrates disparate data sets.
- Design and develop heavily transactional and multi-tiered Web applications
- Design and develop Web Services for integrations with various internal and external applications
- All aspects of database development: Modelling, stored procedures, performance tuning etc.
- Translate business requirements and functionality into practical and well-designed applications
- Collaborate with product owners to further value proposition of our applications
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
Skills and experience
- 0-2 years minimum development experience in C#, .Net, ASP.Net, MVC & SQL Server or related database systems
- 0-2 years minimum of experience building large scale web-based systems
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Experience with one or more of MV* UI frameworks, AngularJs, etc.
- WCF Experience using XML and JSON Web Services, and RESTful services
- Data access through ADO.NET, Entity Framework
- Advanced knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patterns, and SOLID
- A passion for application UI and front end
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving mentality
- Highly analytical
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident.