Location: Cape Town
Start date: January 2019
You are a fresh graduate or a part-time student and are looking for the opportunity to get some great work experience in a team-based environment while finding out what the world of data and analytics is all about!
You are not afraid of excel, data, numbers or technology and have an exceptionally keen eye for detail and enjoy looking for and finding inconsistencies in data for matching and categorisation.
Google is your friend!
You enjoy routine, are focused, structured and are deadline driven with great time management skills to get through a set volume of work within a set amount of time.
You are interpersonally skilled and are confident in engaging with and in building rapport with the internal team members and are proactive and tenacious in the execution of data cleansing tasks and not afraid to get stuck in where needed.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and communicate continuously ensuring that all and sundry are aware of timelines and deliverables.
No work experience is required and the role that you will play within the projects team will be crucial in ensuring that our data is
- Review large volumes of data sets and identify and highlight data points and areas of inconsistency
- Apply a logical approach in resolving data inconsistency issues to ensure that the data is cleansed, correct and accurate
- Identify and share data cleansing process optimisation and ongoing refinements
- Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing standard approach and processes
Skills and experience
- Technical zeal with high proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to google, investigate and logically figure out an approach to the correct categorisation of products as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and interact with internal team members an ongoing basis
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to logically cleanse and categorise data.
- A strong team player with an impeccable work ethic and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, please submit your CV and a motivational letter below. When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.