Location: Cape Town
Start date: January 2019
Direct report: Head of IT Dev and Infrastructure
DataOrbis is looking for a full stack MVC, C#, HTML 5 and Angular developer with a strong track record to join their dynamic and innovative IT team.
The ideal candidate needs to be an honest and self-motivated team player who is willing to be a key member of the IT Dev Team and be responsible for development work on the businesses enterprise cloud-based application that centralises, processes, transforms and integrates disparate data sets.
- Design and develop heavily transactional and multi-tiered Web applications
- Design and develop Web Services for integrations with various internal and external applications
- All aspects of database development: Modelling, stored procedures, performance tuning etc.
- Translate business requirements and functionality into practical and well-designed applications
- Collaborate with product owners to further value proposition of our applications
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
Skills and experience
- 0-2 years minimum development experience in C#, .Net, ASP.Net, MVC & SQL Server or related database systems
- 0-2 years minimum of experience building large scale web-based systems
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Experience with one or more of MV* UI frameworks, AngularJs, etc.
- WCF Experience using XML and JSON Web Services, and RESTful services
- Data access through ADO.NET, Entity Framework
- Advanced knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patterns, and SOLID
- A passion for application UI and front end
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving mentality
- Highly analytical
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, please submit your CV and a motivational letter below. kindly note that the closing date for applications is the 31 January 2019.