Start date: February/March 2019
Direct report: Head of Client Success
You are a professional extrovert who loves both data, analysis and engaging with the client. You are happiest when assisting clients to maximise their data assets. You enjoy providing a service that gives clients the actionable insights they need to make quick, accurate and impactful business decisions.
You have an in-depth knowledge of the FMCG landscape, as well as an understanding of the critical importance that distribution, brand and category management plays in the industry. You can easily spot the gaps and identify the opportunities when looking at visually represented data, such as graphs, tables and charts. You can find the story within the data.
You are a strong administrator and an even stronger relationship builder. You can professionally engage with and manage senior relationships within a client’s organisation with the objective of providing actionable insights that add value to the business.
You are comfortable with numbers and technology and show a sense of determination when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand our platform processes and service offerings.
You thrive within a team-based environment and are a positive and proactive self-starter who enjoys getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communication. You can engage professionally with and manage junior team members and build the rapport with the DataOrbis team members in different regions in order to ensure that deliverables are met as per the client’s requirements.
You can present with confidence and can collaborate with confidence in a team environment, facilitating meetings effectively and running training workshops as required. You have supervisory experience and can lead, manage, guide and mentor junior client success team members.
The role you will play is crucial in ensuring that the client receives a service offering that enables them to make strategic, operational and executional decisions based on the insights our data provides. Experience in market research, the consumer goods space and data insights is essential.
You will report directly into the DataOrbis Head of Client Success in South Africa. You will also work collaboratively with the Consumer Insights, Brand Management and Customer teams within the client’s organisation as well as very closely with the client success, projects, operations and BI teams within DataOrbis ensuring the contractual delivery of our service offering on an ongoing basis as required.
- Professionally engages with and holds the senior relationships within the client’s organisation. This includes defining needs, managing expectations and ensuring that the data is analysed and translated into insights to add value on an ongoing basis
- Specs out and briefs in the client’s requirements into the DataOrbis Projects, Operations and BI teams
- Plans, executes and supervises client success tasks and assignments, reviewing progress and evaluating results, ensuring accurate and timely delivery to clients as per the contractual obligation
- Develops report set-ups and ongoing development and changes to existing reports in Tableau
- Data Analysis as assigned
- Development and delivery of client-specific reporting in conjunction with the client and DataOrbis team
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc Insights requests
- Assists in the team’s workload planning and forecasting
- Workshop facilitation, training and up-skilling of the CMI and Brand marketing teams as required
- Participates in client conferences, presents and facilitates workshops and engagements
- Orientates, trains and mentor’s junior client success members
Skills and experience
A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. 5 – 7 years’ professional industry related working experience in Consumer Goods, Customer Insights, Market Research or Retail related. At least 3 years’ experience in a client facing position, consulting or business development role engaging with senior members of client organisations with supervisory or team management experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- Financial knowledge and strong business acumen
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the FMCG, category management and/or other related industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis
- Understanding of the client lifecycle and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the client’s strategic business objectives
- Highly analytical with the creative ability to simplify and visually represent data in an easy to understand and aesthetically appealing way
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
- Effective time management in order to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to professionally communicate, train and facilitate workshops and presentations to both small and large groups of varying levels of seniority
- Ability to influence, problem solve and think analytically.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to build and elicit trust
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong team player
- Service and delivery orientated
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, please submit your CV and a motivational letter below.
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident.