PROJECT/ACCOUNT MANAGER (CUSTOMISED SOLUTIONS)
Location: Claremont, Cape Town
Position Type: Permanent
Starting Date: May/June 2019
You are a technically skilled professional extrovert who loves both data, project management and engaging with the client. You are happiest when assisting clients to maximise their data assets while collaborating with an internal team to architect and develop innovative solutions that gives clients the actionable insights, they need to make quick, accurate decisions.
You are a strong relationship builder and an even stronger project manager. You are confident in engaging with and building rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required. You can present with confidence and facilitate meetings effectively and can understand the needs of clients, putting together a succinct and comprehensive brief for development by the innovations team.
You understand resource requirements and can provide comprehensive project plans, maintain actions and update tracking and effectively manage multiple projects at varying stages of the process. A team-based environment works for you and you are positive, proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed to solve challenges and mitigate risks within or related to the scope of a project. You can track and accurately cost scope creep!
You are comfortable managing the client relationship for customised solutions, ensuring the contractual delivery of our service offering on an ongoing basis as required.
The role you will play is crucial in ensuring that our customised solutions and deliverables are met as per the client’s requirements, and you will be key in ensuring that our innovations team focus on the priority new developments and solutions as per the business’s strategic initiatives.
Knowledge of the FMCG landscape, as well as an understanding of the critical importance distribution, brand and category management plays in the industry would be advantageous. Experience in project management, client management and data is essential.
You will report directly into the CEO. You will also work closely with the business development, client success, solutions architects, and projects teams ensuring the development and delivery of innovative new solutions and the contractual delivery of customised solutions to our clients on an ongoing basis as required.
- Professionally engages with and holds the senior relationships within the client’s organisations for customised solutions. This includes defining needs, managing expectations and ensuring that the data is translated into insights to add value to the client on an ongoing basis.
- Gives compelling, accurate and confident presentations to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Engages with the business development and client success teams (as well as with the clients) in order understand and develop succinct briefs and project specifications for the development of innovative new solutions
- Understands resource requirements in order to correctly plan and manage the project scope and assists with costing of new and customised solutions, implementing a phased in costing and delivery plan where required
- Effectively plans and manages multiple projects, maintaining actions and updating tracking from sales through to production according to priority and within the scope and budget
- Solves problems and mitigates risks within or related to the scope of the project
- Produces well written, high quality documentation including specifications and briefs
- Acts as the client facing lead and project manager to the cross functional innovations team
- Prioritises innovation and ensures that the team remains focused and on track as per the business’s strategic objectives
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
A tertiary qualification, Business Science, BCom IS, Computer Science or equivalent.
5 years’ plus professional industry related working experience in Customer Insights, Data or Technology related. At least 3 years’ experience in a client facing position with both account and project management experience engaging with senior members of client organisations and collaborating with internal cross functional teams.
- Technically proficient with experience in project management methodologies, tools and systems
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and the ability to effectively cost projects for delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis
- Ability to mange customer satisfaction, commitment and expectations to high service levels and mange escalations adequately
- Understanding of and ability in all aspects of the full project’s life cycle
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
- Effective leadership skills and assertive with strong decisions making ability
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to build and elicit trust
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to professionally communicate and facilitate workshops and presentations to both small and large groups of varying levels of seniority
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong team player
- Delivery and service orientated with the ability to drive accountability
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.