You are an all round “techie” with strong interpersonal and trouble shooting skills and are fluent in ‘tech” talk to effectively communicate and unlock data sources by implementing and monitoring our data automation solutions across our clients and data sources as required.
You don’t need much hand holding and are a proactive multi-tasker with very strong organisational and administrative skills to efficiently manage and handle numerous tasks and data automation projects in a structured manner while remaining calm and collected.
You troubleshoot with ease and are systematic at working through processes to identify and resolve issues timeously and effectively. You display patience in the resolution of issues and working in an ever-changing environment energises you.
You are confident in engaging professionally with and in building rapport with both the internal team as well as external clients and data sources. You can communicate technical issues to technically competent individuals as well as explain technical issues in layman’s terms in order to ensure understanding. You are not afraid to e-mail or pick up the phone to communicate and execute on tasks with individuals based across our geographic landscape in Africa and the Middle East.
You love data or technology and have “stickabiltiy” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve and figuring out how to use our tools and systems. You are acutely focused and comfortable monitoring the performance of numerous data extracts and “downtime” is a word that doesn’t exist in your vocabulary. You are deadline driven always ensuring that timelines are met if not beaten.
It will be to your advantage to have experience and/or knowledge of Network Infrastructure, MSQL Server and Project Management and the role you play within the business will be crucial in ensuring that we seamlessly set up and receive data on an ongoing basis, through the execution and management of all project and ad hoc tasks for data source automation solutions.
You will work closely and take direction from the Head of IT, Operations Director and the Head of Client Success and will interact with the Business Development, Client Success, Data Source Automation, Projects, Operations and Insights teams.
- Manage and monitor the automated data feeds across the regions and troubleshoot and resolve issues ensuring the efficient and continuous feeds of data as required
- Sets-up and execute on new data automation tasks, interacting with data sources via e-mail, telephone and face to face in order to secure automated data feeds, receive data in required formats and architect solutions
- Owns the installation process for automated data sources and schedules installations, provides on-site and telephonic support and co-ordinates and manages 3rd party suppliers
- Schedules, manages and drives the planning meetings with the Business Development, Client Success, Data Source Automation, Projects and Operations teams.
- Identifies and provides on-going feedback regarding additional functionality or improvements that can be made to the data automation and extraction process
- Upon the accurate completion of automation of a data source, hands over to the Projects team for configuration of the data source for ongoing delivery.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
A suitably IT Qualification being a Degree, a Diploma or Relevant Microsoft Certifications. Knowledge of or any experience with hardware and ERP/Accounting Systems configuration would be a distinct advantage but is not a necessary requirement.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- A conceptual understanding of Data Warehousing theory and best practices would be advantageous as would exposure to and understanding of SQL queries, ERP systems and accounting packages
- Knowledge of Microsoft client operating systems and network infrastructure
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to professionally collaborate and communicate and interact with both internal team members and clients and data sources
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve data related issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the technical team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to a query or process and/or follow guidelines and specifications
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate, self-motivated with a sound values and belief system and a sense of humour
- 1 year of developmental experience in any of the languages/methodologies below
- ASP .NET
- SQL Server
- WCF Experience in using XML ,JSON Webservices and RESTful Services
- Data Access through ADO.NET, Entity Framework
- Intermediate knowledge in OOPO/OOD, Design Patterns and SOLID
- Conceptual understanding of Agile methodologies and project management
- Conceptual understanding of Data warehousing methodologies
- Kimball Methodology
- Conceptual understanding of API’s
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.