You LOVE data and are happiest when delving into the ‘numbers’ in order to make sense of them.
You have an analytical mind with the creative ability to simplify and visually represent data in an easy to understand and aesthetically appealing way.
You don’t shy away from finding a solution to a problem.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have “stickability” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve and figuring out how to use new and complex software.
You enjoy calculations and attention to detail and accuracy are non-negotiables in your work output and deliverables.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive and proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed.
You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communication and can engage professionally with and build rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required.
You have 5 + years of experience in market research or data analytics.
You have 2 + years of experience using Tableau.
You have had experience working with SQL and have strong technical understanding of database design and structure.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will be in a cross-functional team and will report directly into a Delivery Manager, working closely with the Projects, Operations and Commercial teams in the development and running of client reports on a daily/weekly and monthly basis.
You will be involved in the development of new reports for your clients and will work directly with the Insights Innovations team to successfully develop cutting edge new Tableau reports that utilise the software to its fullest potential and meet the client’s needs.
- You will be expected to provide technical leadership and mentorship to the junior members of the team.
- Responsible for the enhancement and support of Tableau reports.
- Customer and Business engagement making sure that requirements are understood and that technical solutions are met and exceed business expectations.
- Use a BI tool (Tableau) to produce reports and dashboards from the SQL Server data warehouse.
- Work with cutting edge development in terms of optimising business performance within SQL Server and Tableau environments.
- Running; checking and delivery of daily/week and monthly reports as required.
- New report set-ups and ongoing development and changes to existing reports.
- Development and delivery of client specific reporting in conjunction with the Commercial Team.
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc Insights requests.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. Tableau related experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in marketing research or data analytics
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience using Tableau
- Solid understanding and experience in data warehousing concepts and principles
- Experience in data analysis and databases
- Proficiency in SQL
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with a technical team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties
- Creative skills in the presentation of information within Tableau encountered on an ongoing basis
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Methodical with a thorough approach to work.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.