You have an analytical mind with the creative ability to simplify and visually represent data in an easy to understand and aesthetically appealing way.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have “stickability” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve and figuring out how to use new and complex software. You enjoy calculations and attention to detail and accuracy are non-negotiables in your work output and deliverables.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive and proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communication and can engage professionally with and build rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required.
It will be to your advantage to have experience or an interest in market research and the role you play will be crucial in ensuring that the Smollan Data Office team identifies, develops and provides powerful and actionable reports and insights to our clients within the Smollan organization.
You will work in a cross-functional team and will report directly into the Delivery Manager. You will be working closely with the Projects, Operations and BI team members in the development and running of client reports on a monthly, weekly or daily basis, and on client-specific projects and reporting as assigned. As a Delivery team, you will ensure that the Data Office meets its contractual delivery of its service offering to our clients on an ongoing basis.
- Running of daily, weekly and monthly reports and checking as required
- Delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reporting frameworks to end-users
- New report set-ups and ongoing development and changes to existing reports
- Development and delivery of client-specific reporting in conjunction with the Business Data Partner
- Data Analysis as required
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc report development requests
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
A tertiary qualification, B Com or equivalent with one to two years industry related working experience in FMCG, Customer Insights, Market Research or Retail related industry. Two years plus experience using QlikView and/or similar reporting tool is a necessary requirement.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, Project)
- QlikView related experience
- Experience in data analysis and databases
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve data-related issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the technical team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
- The ability to work under pressure
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results-driven
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
- Strong attention to detail
- Methodical with a thorough approach to work
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.