You have an in-depth knowledge of the FMCG landscape, as well as an understanding of the critical importance distribution, brand and category management plays in the industry. You have an analytical mind and can easily apply your broad knowledge of category management principles in the completion and execution of tasks and assignments as relates to assortment optimization, planograms, EPOS and store level analytics and shopper and consumer analysis.
You are a strong administrator and an even stronger relationship builder. You can manage an assigned portfolio of deliverables with the objective of entrenching and growing the service offering within the client that you are responsible for. You are not afraid of building strong relationships with both internal team members and external stakeholders and possess a commercial mindset and understanding of consumers’ wants and needs. You can easily identify opportunities to upsell, ensuring the client recognizes the value being added to their business by our service offering.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have “stickability” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand Blue Yonder Category Management Suite and service offering.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive, proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communication. You can engage professionally with and build rapport with internal team members in order to ensure that deliverables are met as per the client’s requirements.
You can present with confidence and can facilitate meetings effectively. You have supervisory experience and can lead, manage, guide and mentor junior team members. The role you will play is crucial in ensuring that our clients receive a service offering that enables them to make strategic and tactical decisions based on the information our solution provides.
You will report directly into the Category Manager and will also work closely with the greater Category Management team ensuring the contractual delivery of our service offering to our client on an ongoing basis as required.
- Professionally engages with and holds the senior relationships within the client’s organisations. This includes defining needs, managing expectations and ensuring that the client receives the required Category Management insights, analysis and reports to add value on an ongoing basis
- Plans, executes and supervises category management tasks and assignments, reviewing progress and evaluating results, ensuring accurate and timely delivery to clients as per the contractual obligation
- Receives and extracts briefs and scopes and specs out projects and assignments with minimum supervision
- Carries out client training on the use of the Category Management tools and solutions as required to ensure clients understanding and adoption
- Participates in client meetings and develops and builds visually impactful presentations. Presents and facilitates workshops where scenarios, assortment plans, and floor planning proposals are shared with the key client stakeholders
- Assists in the category management team’s workload planning by supervising tasks and assignments, and reviewing progress and evaluating results
- Assists with category management forecasting, and plans and implements long-term development strategies for product categories
- May be required to travel regionally in order to engage, train and up skill clients in the region
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing or Business Administration, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. 5 – 7 years’ professional industry related working experience in Category Management, Customer Insights or Retail related. At least 3 years’ experience in a client facing position, consulting or business development role engaging with senior members of client organizations with supervisory or team management experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Working knowledge and hands on experience in the use of category management software tools, preferably the Blue Yonder suite
- Financial knowledge and strong business acumen
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Project management skills and ability
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the FMCG, category management and/or other related industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
- Effective time management in order to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to professionally communicate, train and facilitate workshops and presentations to both small and large groups of varying levels of seniority
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills with the ability to build and elicit trust
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong team player
- Service and delivery orientated
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.