You have ‘stickability’ when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand the DataOrbis technology stack, processes and service offerings.
You are skilled in executing business analysis tasks and completing the required specification documentation in order to ensure that new development projects and relevant project enhancements are delivered on time and according to user requirements. You have a strong business process and best practice knowledge as relates to application development and design. Where required, you can be counted on to drive testing through the various test cycles and will be responsible for creating and facilitating testing plans, test cases and running user acceptance sessions.
You have strong attention to detail and are able to put together reader-friendly digital “user guides” ensuring that all and sundry have the know-how for the successful usage of application enhancements.
You are proactive and tenacious and are happiest when assisting, gathering, analysing and validating business requirements in the execution of Business Analysis tasks.
You are interpersonally skilled and a strong administrator who loves data and are comfortable in collaborating, engaging with and building rapport with various development teams and both internal and external application users as required. You possess a technical mindset and understanding of our DataOrbis clients wants and needs, and you can easily identify opportunities for efficiency, ensuring that the client recognizes the value being added to their business by our service offering.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment are confident in your communication to effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all involved are aware of timelines and deliverables as per the client’s requirements.
You will be part of a cross-functional team and will report directly into the Build Team Leader and will work closely with the greater “build’ team and Data Business Partner in ensuring the development and delivery of technical solutions according to the client’s needs.
- Understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders by professionally engaging with internal team members and external stakeholders within the client’s organisations through the running of requirement gathering sessions.
- Effectively understand business requirements and translate these into usable technical solutions.
- Developing and maintaining functional specification documents for internal projects and relevant project enhancements including business requirement specifications and project charters.
- Negotiating project requirements and assist with and provide support in defining needs and managing expectations on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure sign off of requirements both ahead of and during the development phase.
- Understanding, documenting, and escalating project risks and working closely with the full “build” team to design and implement solutions.
- Defining business rules and guiding the implementation of these rules in the development of the various solutions.
- Assist in estimations of effort.
- Ensure project deliverables are uploaded and constantly updated in the Company’s project management software.
- Manage version control through the development cycle.
- Facilitating and coordinating User Acceptance Testing.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
A tertiary qualification – BCom, Information Management or equivalent with the relevant Business Analysis Diploma or certifications. Minimum 2 years of industry-related work experience in a business analysis role. Agile/Scrum certifications would be beneficial.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- QlikView experience and knowledge of QlikView Server Architecture would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of Star Schema Modelling and Microsoft SQL
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Strong specification and documentation writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis as well as communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills with the ability to build and elicit trust
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment
- Service and delivery orientated
- Innovative and results-driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- A process-driven individual
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
*Please note that the recruitment process will be starting in early January 2021, and we will be shortlisting and reviewing all applications and candidates in that month*
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.