You are a skilled professional who is honest and passionate about the work you do, always looking to add continuous value. You have a keen understanding of modern tech stacks, being highly competent at both design and execution. You are analytical, always looking for ways to do something better and faster thus creating and delivering a world-class customer experience. You think about problems from a business perspective, are pro-active, self-directed and strive to achieve continuous growth. You have worked collaboratively in an agile, team-based environment, engaging professionally with both individual team members as well as across departments. You are comfortable with change and enjoy the challenge and the new possibilities it creates.
You are forthright but respectful in your engagements with others. Working closely and continuously communicating with the Head of IT Development and Infrastructure, the Product Manager, your Develop teammates and the extended team, when required.
- Support existing, and develop new, functionality and components.
- Collaborate with the product manager to further the value proposition of our individual applications & overall platform.
- All aspects of database development: Modelling, stored procedures, performance tuning etc.
- Translate business requirements and functionality into practical and well-designed applications.
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards.
- Work effectively in a team environment while adhering to product software development processes and standards.
- Evaluate and improve application performance.
- Create and collaborate on technical documentation for various projects.
- Do root cause analysis on bugs to find and fix the cause of a problem.
- Create unit and integrated system tests to show that the developed functionality works as intended.
- Create and execute funhttps://www.dataorbis.com/wp-admin/options-general.phpctional test scenarios (dev testing).
- Incorporate the work done by other developers and do whatever is necessary to get the system to work again with the changes, including debugging other people’s code, making changes to test data, etc.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Strong theoretical programming grounding.
- A good understanding of the SDLC process, tools and techniques specifically as applied to software development methodology.
- Understanding of and experience in Data and Database storage technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
TECHNICAL SKILLS – Knowledge of and Experience In:
- MV* UI frameworks (AngularJs / Angular9)
- HTML5, CSS, LESS, Bootstrap, d3.js, SPA
- Data access through ADO.NET, Entity Framework
- Advanced knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patterns, and SOLID
- Azure DevOps, source control and continuous development.
- Azure Cloud computing (function or logic apps), storage and hosting fundamentals
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and delivery focused
- Problem-solving mentalityStrong attention to detail
- Innovative and results-driven
- Growth orientated
- Ability to pick up new technologies easily
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment
- Strong team player
- Passionate and self-motivated
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.