The ideal candidate needs to be an honest and self-motivated team player who is willing to be a key member of the Smollan Data Office Team and be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of databases, ETL packages and reports according to DataOrbis best practices and specifications.
You are a keen problem solver and use both your intuition and logic to come up with workable solutions for implementation. You have excellent attention to detail and are deadline driven always ensuring that the required timelines are met.
You are a proactive multi-tasker with strong organisational and administrative skills and can efficiently manage and handle numerous tasks across multiple projects in a structured manner while remaining calm and collected. You have strong attention to detail and have business process knowledge in developing best practice, and you possess a wide variety of skills and knowledge to manage complex and varied tasks.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment are confident in your communication to effectively manage both up and down and communicate continuously. You will be part of a cross-functional team and will work closely with both the ‘Build’ and ‘Delivery’ teams in ensuring the development and delivery of technical solutions according to the client’s needs ensuring the contractual delivery of our service offering to our clients on an ongoing basis.
- Data Warehouse development and maintenance
- Performing ETL using MS SQL Server Integration Services
- Design, development, and maintenance of reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services
- Manage and maintain databases through the design and development of T-SQL queries and solutions
- Database performance tuning and query optimisation
- Working closely with the development team in the creation and development of in-house applications
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
A suitable tertiary IT Degree or Diploma or relevant certification in the IT-related field.
- 2 plus years database development experience using MS SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience with MS SQL Server applications and BI Tools including; Analysis Services
- Reporting Services
- Integration Services
- Data Mining
- Performance tuning
- Query optimisation
- Sound problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to fit situations and resolve database and data related issues
- Good time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally interact with both internal and external clients as well as communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- The ability to work under pressure
- Highly analytical
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results-driven
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.