DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data. Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Finance Business Partner to join our team! The opportunity presents an exciting career growth opportunity for the ambitious candidate that wants to become part of a high growth organization and group. Within our environment where trust, innovation, accountability, empowerment and teamwork are key to shared successes, the individual we are looking for needs to be curious and passionate, loves people, and needs to be excited about numbers.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have ‘stickability’ when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve to fully understand all DataOrbis processes. You are a positive and driven team player who will support the Financial Manager or similar role and business in the monthly financial planning and analysis across the DataOrbis business entities.
You are interpersonally skilled and are confident in engaging with and in building rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required. You are proactive and tenacious in the execution of financial tasks and are not afraid to get stuck in where needed. You proactively and consistently follow up with multiple stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are met.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment, and can effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all and sundry are aware of timelines and deliverables.
The role that the Finance Business Partner will play will be crucial in ensuring that the strategic decision makers within DataOrbis have a clear rolling forecast from a financial and sales pipeline perspective. The role will entail understanding the commercial aspects of the business and can convey commercial opportunities to business and the finance team. They will also ensure that all monthly variance reporting is timeously communicated and monthly cross-charge journals are accurate and in agreement to the approved forecasts.
The Finance Business Partner will report directly into the Finance Manager or similar role and will work closely and collaboratively with the finance, support and sales teams across the DataOrbis regions.
This support financial function is mainly remote and as a business we offer a hybrid WFH environment and do have office space available should you wish to connect and collaborate with your team and work in an office environment.
- Managing monthly forecasting processes and forecast reporting
- Report and submit monthly forecasts and commentary to the relevant stakeholders
- Prepare monthly management accounts for manco and exco
- Collaborate with Smollan Technology, eComm and Data group finance team
- Assistance with month-end actuals processing and reporting
- Reconciling intercompany shared services balances monthly
- Reviewing, investigating, and reporting on the monthly profit / loss and reconciling against budgets and forecast.
- Review, manage and report back on the Sales Pipeline, following up with the Sales Department to ensure opportunities are correctly and accurately loaded into the Pipeline.
- Maintenance of Shared Services schedules
- Assistance with business plans, budgeting and forecasting across the departments and business units
- Maintenance of all budgeting and forecasting supporting schedules
- Assistance with working capital management and cash flow reporting
- Liaising with the Data Orbis and Smollan finance teams to provide accurate and timely feedback to the relevant stakeholders
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc requests as required
Your skills and experience include
- Post-graduate diploma/Honors in BCom, BBusSci or Accounting or any finance related degree is essential. A professional qualification (CA(SA)/CIMA/ACCA is preferable but not a necessary requirement.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years’ working experience within a financial role or minimum 3 years articles plus 1 – 2 years post articles experience.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and proficiency in NetSuite/SAGE/MS Dynamics 365 ERPs would be a distinct advantage.
Key personal attributes include
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Logical and structured thought process
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work accurately within reporting deadlines
- Tact, discretion, and respect for confidentiality
- Good decision making with the ability to make sound independent judgements
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership and remains accountable
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.