DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data. Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Financial Accountant to join our team! The main purpose of this role is to ensure the integrity of the financial data to enable accurate reporting from which analysis and decision making can be made.
You are a positive and proactive team player who will ensure the integrity of our financial data to enable accurate reporting from which analysis and decision making can be made. You will be involved in the monthly processing of accounts and reconciliations and will support the financial manager in the statutory reporting, financial planning, analyses and reporting of financial performance across the DataOrbis business entities.
An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the application of IFRS principles, tax laws and legislation will be essential. You will be key in the audit preparation and will assist with tax payments and the preparation of balance sheet reconcilaitions, cash books and overseeing month-end processing across the departments and businesses.
The role the Accountant will play will be crucial in ensuring that the DataOrbis companies are fairly represented from a financial perspective and experience in working within a small to medium sized business would be beneficial as would proficiency in NetSuite and/or other equivalent financial cloud based systems.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment, and can effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all and sundry are aware of timelines and deliverables.
You will report directly into the Finance Manager and will work closely and collaboratively with the finance and support team as well as with the clients, suppliers, auditors, management companies and associated tax authorities in the other DataOrbis regions.
This support financial function is mainly remote and as a business we offer a hybrid WFH environment and do have office space available should you wish to connect and collaborate with your team and work in an office environment.
- Ensuring the financial accounts are managed in accordance with IFRS
- Reviewing the processing of the financial administrators
- Maintaining the asset register
- Processing of intercompany transactions including month end journals, payroll reconciliations and accruals
- Managing cash books and reviewing bank reconciliations
- Assistance in managing the bank accounts
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with SARS on taxation submissions and queries
- VAT Calculations, filing and submission
- Audit preparation and management
- Working capital management including managing debtors and vendors with the relevant finance clerks
- Managing the debtors and creditors team members
- Assistance with the management of financial administration for DataOrbis
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc requests as required
- Ensuring month-end actuals processing deadlines are met and liaising with the relevant Smollan group stakeholders
- Finance team guidance and assistance
Your skills and experience include
- BCom or BBusSci post-graduate diploma/Honors in Accounting is essential. A professional qualification CA(SA)/CIMA/ACCA is preferrable.
- Minimum 3 – 4 years’ working experience within a financial role or a minimum of 3 years articles plus 1 year post articles experience.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and proficiency in NetSuite/SAGE/MS Dynamics 365 ERPs would be a distinct advantage.
Key personal attributes include
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Logical and structured thought process
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work accurately within reporting deadlines
- Tact, discretion, and respect for confidentiality
- Good decision making with the ability to make sound independent judgements
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership and remains accountable
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.