By Marketing 16th May 2022
DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data. Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business, and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the brightest talent, to allow the right skills at the right place at the right time and for us to constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment. We are currently looking for a professionally skilled Business Analyst to be part of a dedicated team in ensuring we deliver a seamless and engaging service to our user!
You are a professional Business Analyst with strong interpersonal skills and are fluent in “tech” talk to effectively communicate and translate client and business requirements into usable technical solutions.
You have ‘stickability’ when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand the DataOrbis technology stack, processes and service offerings.
You are skilled in executing business analysis tasks and completing the required specification documentation in order to ensure that new development projects and relevant project enhancements are delivered on time and according to user requirements. You have strong business process and best practice knowledge as relates to application development and design. Where required, you can be counted on to drive testing through the various test cycles and will be responsible for creating and facilitating testing plans, test cases and running user acceptance sessions.
You have strong attention to detail and are able to put together reader friendly digital “user guides” ensuring that all and sundry have the know-how for the successful usage of application enhancements.
You are proactive and tenacious and are happiest when assisting, gathering, analysing and validating business requirements in the execution of Business Analysis tasks.
You are interpersonally skilled and a strong administrator who loves data and are comfortable in collaborating, engaging with and building rapport with various development teams and both internal and external application users as required. You possess a technical mindset and understanding of our DataOrbis clients wants and needs, and you can easily identify opportunities for efficiency, ensuring that the client recognizes the value being added to their business by our service offering.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment are confident in your communication to effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all involved are aware of timelines and deliverables as per the client’s requirements.
You will be part of a Project Office and will report directly to the Project Manager. You will work directly with the DataOrbis Project Office, and closely with the Growth, Commercial, Custom teams, International Data Office in ensuring the development and delivery of technical solutions according to the business and client’s needs.
- Understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders by professionally engaging with internal team members and external stakeholders within the client’s organisation’s through the running of requirement gathering sessions.
- Effectively understand business requirements and translate these into usable technical solutions.
- Developing and maintaining functional specification documents for internal and external projects and relevant project enhancements including business requirement specifications and project charters
- Negotiating project requirements and assist with and provide support in defining needs and managing expectations on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure sign off of requirements both ahead of and during development phase.
- Understand, document, and escalate project risks and working closely with the fullproject team to design and implement solutions.
- Defining business rules and guiding the implementation of these rules in the development of the various solutions.
- Assist in estimations of effort.
- Ensure project deliverables are uploaded and constantly updated in the Company’s project management software.
- Manage version control through the development cycle.
- Facilitating and coordinating User Acceptance Testing.
Ad-Hoc Tasks and Admin Duties
- Attend and contribute to daily stand-up meetings and all project related sessions.
- Carry out detailed ad hoc tasks and projects as briefed in by the Project Manager.
- Complete timesheets
Your skills and experience include
A tertiary qualification – BCom, Information Management or equivalent with the relevant Business Analysis Diploma or certifications. Minimum 2 years industry related work experience in a business analysis role. Agile/Scrum certifications would be beneficial.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- QlikView experience and knowledge of QlikView Server Architecture would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of Star Schema Modelling and Microsoft SQL
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Strong specification and documentation writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis as well as communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects
Key personal attributes include
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills with the ability to build and elicit trust
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment
- Service and delivery orientated
- Innovative and results driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- A process driven individual
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.