DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data. Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business, and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the brightest talent, to allow the right skills at the right place at the right time and for us to constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment. We are currently looking for a professionally skilled Project Manager to be part of a dedicated team in creating workable solutions for implementation!
You are a keen problem solver and use both your intuition and logic to come up with workable solutions for implementation. You have excellent attention to detail and are deadline driven always ensuring that the required timelines are met.
You are interpersonally skilled and are confident in collaborating, engaging with and building rapport with various internal teams and external stakeholders as required. You have strong attention to detail and business process knowledge in project management best practice and possess a wide variety of skills and knowledge to manage complex and varied tasks. You are comfortable to act in a supervisory capacity, coordinating and overseeing the day-to-day work and assignments of a group of team members.
You are a proactive multi-tasker with strong organisational and administrative skills and can efficiently manage and handle numerous tasks across multiple projects in a structured manner while remaining calm and collected.
You are a bigger picture thinker, enjoy working within a team-based environment and are passionate about the work that you contribute to. You are able to utilize a broad set of skills (project management, technical, HR and general management) to ensure that the team is well managed to deliver a superior service.
You will be part of the Project Office and will report directly into the Project Manager. You will work directly with the DataOrbis Project Office, and closely with the Growth, Commercial, Custom and Delivery teams.
It will be to your advantage to have experience or an interest in data information and project management, and the role you play within the projects team will be crucial in ensuring that by balancing people, data and deadlines all new data sources, clients and solutions are accurately planned-in, managed, set-up and complete through cross team collaboration.
- Consistently identifies and contributes to the development of the agile ways of working and to the DataOrbis Project Process to achieve delivery.
- Ensures JIRA and all subsequent plugins and tools are functioning, maintained, documented, and trained into all team members across departments.
- Supports the Project Manager in developing a Project Office that is Customer, Best Practice and process focused.
- Works closely with the Project Office to understand the project pipeline (business and client) and availability within the team, to forecast, plan and onboard new clients in the defined Project Process and as per contractual obligations.
- Oversees the prioritization and setup of client and business projects, and ensures that these are planned, executed, and delivered on and to standard.
- Collaboratively engages with managers and teams across the business to overcome challenges, resolve issues and ensure the solutions have been designed and developed to standard.
- Proactively runs stand up meetings, removes roadblocks and drives retrospective meetings to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Works closely with the Project Manager, and/or the Operations Director in identifying process improvements on business and client projects.
Your skills and experience include
A suitable Tertiary Degree/Diploma or Relevant Certification in a Project Management, Commerce, or IT related field. Industry or Project Management Experience in an IT, Data Information, Market Research, or related industry would be an advantage but is not a necessary requirement.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- A conceptual understanding of Data Warehousing theory, principles, and best practices
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and reporting tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to professionally collaborate and interact with both internal team members and clients
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the technical team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered
Key Personal attributes include
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Effective time management in order to prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced agile environment
- Highly numerate with great attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and deliveries
- Ability to empower people and make decisions
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to fit situations and expectations and/or follow specifications
- Ability to manage growth and work under pressure
- Highly initiative, proactive and delivery orientated
- Highly analytical with problem solving skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.