DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data. Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business, and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the brightest talent, to allow the right skills at the right place at the right time and for us to constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment. We are currently looking for a professionally skilled Data Engineer to be part of our team!
The ideal candidate needs to be an honest and self-motivated team player who is willing to be a key member of the team and be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of databases, ETL packages and reports according to DataOrbis best practices and specifications.
You are a keen problem solver and use both your intuition and logic to come up with workable solutions for implementation. You have excellent attention to detail and are deadline driven always ensuring that the required timelines are met.
You are a proactive multi-tasker with strong organisational and administrative skills and can efficiently manage and handle numerous tasks across multiple projects in a structured manner while remaining calm and collected. You have strong attention to detail and have business process knowledge in development best practice, and you possess a wide variety of skills and knowledge to manage complex and varied tasks.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment are confident in your communication to effectively manage both up and down and communicate continuously. You will be part of a cross-functional team and will work closely with both the ‘Build’ and ‘Delivery’ teams in ensuring the development and delivery of technical solutions according to the client’s needs ensuring the contractual delivery of our service offering to our clients on an ongoing basis.
- Data Warehouse development and maintenance
- Performing ETL using MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- Design, development, and maintenance of reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Manage and maintain databases through the design and development of T-SQL queries and solutions.
- Database performance tuning and query optimisation.
- Working closely with the development team in the creation and development of inhouse applications.
Your skills and experience include
A suitable tertiary IT degree, diploma or relevant certification in the IT related field.
- Two plus years database development experience using MS SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience with MS SQL Server applications and BI Tools including;
- Analysis Services
- Reporting Services
- Integration Services
- Data Mining
- Performance tuning
- Query optimisation
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to fit situations and resolve database and data related issues.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally interact with both internal and external clients as well as communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects.
Key personal attributes include
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Highly analytical.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment.
- Service and delivery orientated.
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High levels of initiative, proactivity and delivery orientated.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, deliveries and competing demands.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.