DataOrbis is a Smollan business and a leading global data management and insights company, that leads change by connecting people to their data. Working predominantly in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry we enable environments where clients and their brands can thrive by combining people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customized to our clients’ needs. With a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, over the past 10 years we have become a leader in the data management industry by constantly differentiating and evolving our offerings to meet client needs. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya, and the UAE. Our values are the absolute foundation of our business, and through our values of trust, accountability, innovation and teamwork, we are able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly engaging our team in a winning environment.
You LOVE data and are happiest when delving into the ‘numbers’ in order to understand, make sense of and find the story within the detail to tell. You can clearly and easily spot the gaps and identify the opportunities by looking at graphs and charts and you enjoy a challenge and don’t shy away from finding a solution to a problem.
You are a nerd of the marketing world, or an accountant with a bit of flair, and you have an analytical mind with the creative ability to simplify and visually represent data in an easy to understand and aesthetically appealing way.
You are comfortable with numbers and technology and show a sense of determination when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand and figure out how to use new and complex software. You enjoy calculations, and attention to detail and accuracy are non-negotiables in your work output and deliverables.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment, are positive and proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You are interpersonally skilled and are confident in engaging with and building rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required.
The Intermediate Data Visualisation Developer is a key member of the Delivery team and works on the reporting process and tasks for their service line as assigned. The tasks include the running and checking of reports for delivery as well as the development of custom and ad hoc reports as allocated by their Manager and the Data Visualisation team as required. The work allocated would be for standard and syndicated solutions that require some evaluation and originality. You will work closely with your manager, full team as well as the Client Success and the greater Data Visualisation teams in the resolution of any data issues.
- Report running and checking
- Report changes
- Ad-hoc reporting tasks
- Create new data sources and new reports
- Completes new set-ups in the Delivery team
- Can derive actionable insights from data through analysis
- Participates in Client meetings
Your skills and experience include
A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. 2+ years’ professional Industry related working experience in FMCG, Customer Insights, Market Research, Analytics or Retail related.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- Proficient with strong knowledge and understanding of Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI and/or any other BI analytics platform, calculations and analytics.
- Knowledge of, and a conceptual understanding of Data Warehousing principles, SQL and data modelling.
- Highly numerate.
- Highly analytical with problem solving skills.
Key personal attributes include
- Effective time management to prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to professionally interact with both internal teams and external clients.
- Troubleshooting ability with the ability to develop logical solutions to fit situations and expectations and/or follow specifications.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Action and delivery orientated.
- Creative with a high attention to detail.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Passionate and self-motivated.
- Project Management skills for set-ups within their delivery team.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.