By Justin Rowles 1st Dec 2022
DataOrbis is a Smollan business and a leading global data management and insights company, that leads change by connecting people to their data. Working predominantly in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry we enable environments where clients and their brands can thrive by combining people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customized to our clients’ needs. With a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, over the past 10 years we have become a leader in the data management industry by constantly differentiating and evolving our offerings to meet client needs. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya, and the UAE.
Our Values of Trust, Accountability, Innovation and Teamwork are the absolute foundation of our business, and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the brightest talent, to allow the right skills at the right place, at the right time and for us to constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment. We are currently looking for a professionally skilled Application Support Manager to join our team.
You are a highly competent in the management and configuration of varying application servers and have experience in the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of application server systems and you are innovative and driven and constantly seek out methods to improve and increase the systems efficiency.
You are a highly skilled trouble-shooter who loves data and are comfortable in collaborating, engaging with and building rapport with the Data Visualisation team, the infrastructure support team and both internal and external users as required. You possess a technical mindset and understanding of clients and business requirements. You can easily identify opportunities for efficiency, ensuring that the client recognizes the value being added to their business by our service offering.
You enjoy working in a team-based environment, have strong communication skills and are just as comfortable to work independently with little or no supervision in the execution of tasks as required. You will report into the Head of Insights and your primary responsibility will be to support the BI Visualisation tools used by the team. (Pyramid Analytics and Tableau).
- Monitor when server capacity and request resizing when necessary.
- Assists with all server maintenance including back up schedules.
- Monitor server logs and query run time reports daily.
- Proactively work with the DataViz team to forecast server capacity requirements.
- Ensure any security exploits are attended to as quickly as possible.
- Identify ways in which the server can be enhanced to improve either performance or to improve costs or both.
- Manage upgrades and migrations as required.
- Set up and configuration of the Pyramid server for DataOrbis and external clients.
- Mange change control.
- Work with the Data Viz and Infrastructure teams to test and upgrade new versions of Pyramid.
- Keep track of monthly server spend.
Your skills and experience include
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in application support and management. Suitable Tertiary Degree/Diploma with a keen interest in data analytics, infrastructure, and technological trends.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis as well as communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects
Key personal attributes include
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate, interact with and build relationships with clients and internal team members.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Strong troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
- Action and delivery orientated.
- Innovative and takes initiative.
- Passionate and self-motivated.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.