By Justin Rowles 1st Dec 2022
DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data. Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business, and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the brightest talent, to allow the right skills at the right place at the right time and for us to constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
You are a keen problem solver and are highly skilled at using both your intuition and logic to come up with workable solutions for implementation. You have solid interpersonal skills and are tenacious in gathering information in order to identify the best solution. You are open minded yet logically skeptical and can scenario analyse prior to execution of a project or task. You display patience in the resolution of issues and working in an ever-changing environment energises you.
The Automation Analyst is a technically proficient and analytical member of the Data Science and Automation team working under the supervision and guidance of the manager, on the execution and resolution of Automation and some basic Data Science tasks as assigned in order to drive automation within the delivery teams. They will become familiar with existing products which provide automation for operational tasks, to support its users
Troubleshooting, the creation of data wrangling automation scripts including supporting research, investigation, applying statistical theory, analysis and enriching of data in other Data Science and Automation projects are some of the tasks you will work on. They will assist and collaborate with the Data Science manager in the development of new products
The Analyst will be deemed to be a Trainee while acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully execute their tasks using R programing language, MS SQL Server and becoming familiar with the various systems and architecture in the storage, retrieval, manipulation and processing of data.
The Analyst works under the guidance of the manager and works closely with the Head of IT, Head of Delivery, and the Delivery Managers within the cross functional teams.
- Creation of data wrangling automation scripts for Operations Analysts, including but not limited to:
- Resolution of issues with execution of existing Data Science tools
- Execution of research, analysis, data enrichment, & ad hoc Data Science coding tasks
- Participate in Internal Meetings
- Administration Duties
Your skills and experience include:
A suitable tertiary qualification, IT Degree/Diploma with Mathematics or Statistics or relevant certification with the same or equivalent. 1 – 2 years DataOrbis or Delivery Team experience would be an advantage but is not a necessary requirement.
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel, Microsoft Office and other DataOrbis software and systems (JIRA, Teams, SharePoint, Lattice, FTP).
- Proficiency in R (or Python or demonstrable ability to write programming code)
- SQL & Data Warehousing knowledge
- Statistical and Mathematical knowledge and familiarity
- Understanding of Data Science concepts (advantageous) including:
- Machine Learning
- Working knowledge and familiarity (advantageous) with:
- HTML, HTML5, web scraping principles, RESTful services
- Azure Cloud Services / Cloud computing
- Data Analysis skills and knowledge including:
- Data wrangling
- Continuous & categorical data
- Identifying anomalies & cleanse data sources
- High level of data manipulation skill in Excel (formulas, multi-level sort, advanced filters, pivot tables, date formatting inconsistencies, imports from csv, web, databases)
- Logical flow process to transform data
- Highly numerate
- Highly analytical with problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Familiarity around Windows file systems (file management, command line execution)
Key personal attributes include:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal and team participation.
- Time management and organizational skills, to prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address an issue and make a prompt and insightful decision
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Service, action and delivery oriented
- High attention to detail and quality
- Innovative and inquisitive
- Passionate and self-motivated
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.