DataOrbis is a Smollan business and a leading global data management and insights company, that leads change by connecting people to their data. Working predominantly in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry we enable environments where clients and their brands can thrive by combining people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customized to our clients’ needs. With a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, over the past 10 years we become a leader in the data management industry by constantly differentiating and evolving our offerings to meet client needs. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya, and the UAE. Our values are the absolute foundation of our business, and through our values of trust, accountability, innovation and team work, we are able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly engaging our team in a winning environment.
You LOVE data and are happiest when delving into the ‘numbers’ in order to understand, make sense of and find the story within the detail to tell. You can clearly and easily spot the gaps and identify the opportunities by looking at graphs and charts and you enjoy a challenge and do not shy away from finding a solution to a problem.
You are a nerd of the marketing world, or an accountant with a bit of flair, and you have an analytical mind with the creative ability to simplify and visually represent data in an easy to understand and aesthetically appealing way.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have “stickability” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve and figuring out how to use new and complex software. You enjoy calculations and attention to detail and accuracy are non-negotiables in your work output and deliverables.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive and proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communication and can engage professionally with and build rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required.
It will be to your advantage to have experience or an interest in market research and the role you play will be crucial in ensuring that the insights team identifies, articulates and provides powerful and actionable insights to our clients within the FMCG industry and beyond.
You will work in a cross-functional team and will report directly into the Delivery Manager. You will be working closely with the Projects, Operations and Commercial teams in the development and running of client reports on a monthly, weekly or daily basis, and on client specific projects, reporting and analysis as assigned.
- Running of monthly reports and checking as required
- Delivery of monthly reporting frameworks to end users
- New report set-ups and ongoing development and changes to existing reports
- Data Analysis as assigned
- Development and delivery of client specific reporting in conjunction with the Commercial Team
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc Insights requests
Your skills and experience include
A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing, BCom IS, Economics, Statistics, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. Industry related working experience in FMCG, Customer Insights, Market Research or Retail related industry would be an advantage but is not a necessary requirement. Any Tableau related experience or exposure would by highly advantageous.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, Project)
- Any Tableau related experience or exposure would by highly advantageous
- Experience in data analysis and databases would be advantageous
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with a technical team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
Key personal attributes include
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
- Strong attention to detail
- Methodical with a thorough approach to work
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.