By Justin Rowles 1st Dec 2022
DataOrbis is a Smollan business and a leading global data management and insights company, that leads change by connecting people to their data. Working predominantly in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry we enable environments where clients and their brands can thrive by combining people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customized to our clients’ needs. With a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, over the past 10 years we become a leader in the data management industry by constantly differentiating and evolving our offerings to meet client needs. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya, and the UAE. Our values are the absolute foundation of our business, and through our values of trust, accountability, innovation and team work, we are able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly engaging our team in a winning environment
You are not afraid of data and technology and have a keen eye for detail. You enjoy looking for and finding inconsistencies in data for troubleshooting and resolution, and do not shy away from finding a solution to a problem.
You have “stickability” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve and figuring out how to use new and complex software. You are proactive and tenacious in the execution of operations tasks and are not afraid to get stuck in where needed. You take initiative and consistently troubleshoot, and problem solve in order to ensure that deadlines are met.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in engaging with and in building rapport with both internal team members and external data sources, in order to follow up and ensure that data is received timeously for successful processing.
It will be to your advantage to have work experience within a team-based environment, working with technology and using excel and SQL. The role that you play within the operations team will be crucial in ensuring that our data is correctly, accurately, and timeously processed for reporting and analysis to our clients as per our service offering.
You will work in a cross-functional team and will report directly into the Delivery Manager. You will be working closely with the Projects, Data Visualisation, Data Engineer and Commercial team members while engaging with external data sources in the delivery of client specific projects on a monthly, weekly, or daily basis as assigned.
- Data Source interaction and engagement.
- Monthly data capture and process management tasks.
- Monthly delivery of reporting frameworks to end users.
- Workflow and time management.
- Data management process optimisation and ongoing productivity refinements.
- Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing standard and processes.
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc Operations requests.
Your skills and experience include
A tertiary qualification BCom IS, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Market Research or equivalent. Industry related working experience as a business analyst, data processer, project administrator or similar in an IT, software development or data centric environment is advantageous.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, Project).
- Technical zeal with a high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Adaptable to change and keen to learn new software.
- A conceptual understanding of Data Warehousing theory and best practices.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve data related issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the technical team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally hold client relationships and communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis.
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to a query or process and/or follow guidelines and specifications.
- Ability to think strategically and be able to recommend improvements to operational disciplines and consider and drive process improvements.
Key personal attributes include
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- A strong team player with an impeccable work ethic and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Methodical with a thorough approach to work.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.