By Justin Rowles 10th Jan 2023
The Smollan Data Office is a dedicated team within DataOrbis tasked solely with working on the greater Smollan business. The Smollan Data Office is focused on implementing strategic data initiatives, ultimately enabling better decisions based on improved business insights.
You are a professional analyst who loves data and engaging with it in such a way that you provide a service that ensures the client receive actionable insights they need to make quick, accurate decisions.
A good knowledge and understanding of the FMCG and retail landscape, as well as a good understanding of sales and operations and the role that data plays in retail execution; as relates to Innovation, Product Availability, In-Store activations, Promotional activity and the likes will be beneficial to creating and supplying reporting which will benefit the client. The insights and reporting you will provide is crucial in ensuring Smollan clients receive a service offering that enables them to make strategic and tactical decisions. Furthermore, the internal operational team will rely on your reporting and analysis to ensure they meet day to day KPIs and place their focus where it is most needed (based on insights you provide.)
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive, proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communications, and can professionally engage with members of the client’s organisation in order to build rapport and ensure deliverables are met as per the client’s requirements.
You are analytically skilled and have the ability to derive actionable insights from data. You are able to coordinate, plan and execute your deliverables in line with client and ops expectations to ensure deadlines are met and workflow is streamlined. As a team player, you need to be able to divide and conquer work during high pressure times when the team might rely on you to do more than your daily tasks.
You will report directly into the Business Data Partner or a Customer Insights Team Lead, and will work closely with the Smollan Data Office teams ensuring that they receive accurate and detailed briefs as relates to new report set-ups, projects and report changes and any discrepancies in reports.
- Daily engagement with data to check, verify and provide the necessary reporting tools to client and operational team.
- Manages your workload and ensuring accurate and timely delivery to clients as per the contractual obligation.
- Demonstrates a high efficiency in the use of the SMART application and has an in-depth understanding on the use and application of the reports in order to answer and respond to queries on report navigation for in-store execution.
- Responsible for checking reports before delivery to client for accuracy and correctness.
- Assist team members in the execution of report checking and analysis tasks as required.
- Proactively and consistently engages with the client in order to understand and receive analysis and insights briefs in order to execute on analysis for client deliverables.
- Efficiently trains clients on the use of, navigation and understanding of the reports for in-store execution ensuring adoption and usage.
- Professionally engages and holds relationships with the client representatives and other key members within the client’s organisations.
- Identifies opportunities within the client’s organisation to further provide insights and knowledge and presenting reports in such a way that it will add value to client.
Your skills and experience include:
A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. 2 – 3 years’ professional experience within FMCG, Retail, Data Analysis or related industry.
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel, Microsoft Office and other DataOrbis software and systems (Teams, SharePoint, Lattice, Pyramid)
- Highly proficient in the use and understanding of the Smollan SMART application and reports.
- In depth knowledge of and understanding of Retail, Sales and Merchandising as relates to the FMCG or other similar industries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the in-store retail activations and execution as relates to Innovation, Product Availability and Promotional Activity.
- Navigation skills, knowledge of, and understanding and ability to interpret and analyse the Retail execution reports.
- Highly numerate and analytical with problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
Key personal attributes include:
- Excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette in order to professionally engage with and communicate with Clients and internal teams as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to professionally engage with and communicate and train clients face to face.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment.
- Strong administration and organisational skills.
- Troubleshooting ability with the ability to develop logical solutions to fit situations and expectations and/or follow specifications.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Service and delivery orientated.
- High attention to detail.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Passionate and self-motivated.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.