DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data. Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business, and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the brightest talent, to allow the right skills at the right place at the right time and for us to constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment. We are currently looking for a professionally skilled Client Success Executive to be part of a dedicated team in driving actionable insights within our client, who is a leading FMCG player within the Johannesburg area.
You LOVE data and are happiest when delving into the ‘numbers’ in order to understand, make sense of and find the story within the detail to tell. You can clearly and easily spot the gaps and identify the opportunities by looking at graphs and charts and you enjoy a challenge and don’t shy away from finding a solution to a problem.
You are a nerd of the marketing world, or an accountant with a bit of flair, and you have an analytical mind with the creative ability to simplify and visually represent data in an easy to understand and aesthetically appealing way.
You are comfortable with numbers and technology and show a sense of determination when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand and figure out how to use new and complex software. You enjoy calculations, and attention to detail and accuracy are non-negotiables in your work output and deliverables.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment, are positive and proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You are interpersonally skilled and are confident in engaging with and building rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required.
You can present with confidence and can facilitate meetings and conduct training sessions effectively.
The role you will play is crucial in ensuring that the client receives a service offering that enables them to make strategic decisions based on the information our data provides. 1 to 2 years’ experience in market research, the consumer goods space and/or data insights is essential, as is a passion for working with leading brands within FMCG.
You will report directly into a DataOrbis Client Success Manager and will also work collaboratively with the Clients Customer Insights and Brand Management teams as a dedicated resource. From a DataOrbis perspective, you will work very closely with the client success, projects, operations, and data engineer teams ensuring the contractual delivery of our service offering on an ongoing basis as required.
- Professionally engages with CMR and Brand Management teams within the client’s organisation and works closely with the Client Success Manager in ensuring contractual delivery.
- Monthly data management and checking tasks in conjunction with the DataOrbis Operations team
- Client maintenance tasks ensuring that the client tracker outlining deliverables is up to date and accurate
- Ongoing engagement and follow-up with data sources and briefing back to the teams as required
- New report set-ups and ongoing development and changes to existing Data Visualisation reports
- Data Analysis as assigned
- Development and delivery of client specific reporting in conjunction with the Client Success Manager and client team
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc analysis requests
- Running of monthly reports and checking as required
- Delivery of monthly reporting frameworks to end users and training as required
Your skills and experience include
A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. 1 to 2 years’ professional industry related working experience in Consumer Goods, Customer Insights, Market Research, Analytics or Retail related.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Analytical understanding and ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and clients on an ongoing basis
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
Key Personal attributes include
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong team player
- Service and delivery orientated
- Innovative and results driven
- Passionate and self-motivated
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.