DataOrbis is a leading global data management and insights company. We are a Smollan business and one of the data-focused companies in the newly formed, Smollan Data & Tech cluster. Our purpose is to lead change by connecting people to their data. We work predominantly in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry, where we enable environments where our clients and their brands can thrive. We do this by combining people, process, and cutting-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions customized to our clients’ needs. Over the past 10 years we have become a leader in the data management industry by constantly differentiating and evolving our offerings. Our values are the absolute foundation of our business, and through our values of trust, accountability, innovation and teamwork, we are able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the right skills, in the right place, at the right time. By doing this we are able to constantly engage our team in a winning environment.
As part of the Smollan Data & Tech cluster we are looking for a highly skilled and passionate Talent Acquisition Specialist to find us top candidates to join our ever-growing businesses and team. The roles required span from Data Scientists and Analysts to Software Developers and Architects. Experience in, and a passion for, tech recruitment combined with the tenacity for searching for and finding scarce skills in a challenging environment is an absolute necessity!
We are looking for a unicorn hunter who knows how to source, find and match top IT & Tech candidates with our culture. We need someone who leaves no stone unturned until they have found the perfect fit.
If you are highly skilled at networking, searching for and finding top talent by using AI search engines and recruiting software, are fluent in tech-speak and can sell an awesome culture to candidates then this is the perfect role for you.
- Partner with the People Team and Line Managers across the cluster in order to extract accurate “techie” recruitment briefs.
- Draft attractive, punchy and enticing advertisements to push out onto suitable recruitment platforms and/or
- Use AI recruiting software and other various tool and methods to attract top talent.
- Creatively connect with candidates and clearly articulate and sell our awesome culture, role, tech stack and opportunity.
- Pre-screen and interview candidates to identify those suitably qualified and skilled and that meet the briefs requirements.
- Partner with and present candidates to the People Team and Line Managers for the continuation of a professional candidate recruitment experience.
- Support the People team in coordinating/facilitating interviews and technical assessments as required.
- Build talent pipelines across the various roles and maintain a pool of readily available candidates.
- Formally start building a Data & Tech database of candidate.
- Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction and sourcing methodologies.
- Build strong internal relationships and partner to understand the clusters strategic priorities both within South Africa and within the regions and ensure sourcing efforts are focused on meeting theses needs as the team evolves.
Your skills and experience include
- 2-3 years’ IT recruitment experience preferably in both an Agency and Internal environment.
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques.
- Solid understanding of software and data roles and software development best practices.
- Strong track record of sourcing and placing top talent in niche roles within the Data and Tech space.
Key personal attributes include
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong emotional intelligence and levels of adaptability.
- Capability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Resilience and forward-thinking mindset (ability to be resourceful).
- Strong innovative and continual improvement outlook.
- Must have strong attention to detail and take accountability.
- Excellent problem-solving, results-driven and presentation capabilities.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Remote and/or Hybrid work.
- Top tech tools of the trade.
- Awesomely skilled People team.
- Highly engaged and vibrant culture.
- Opportunities for learning and growth.
- International exposure.
- Opportunities to work on Niche tech roles and projects.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.