DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data. Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Debtors Officer to join our team! The opportunity presents an exciting career growth opportunity for the ambitious candidate that wants to become part of a high growth organization and group. Within our environment where trust, innovation, accountability, empowerment and teamwork are key to shared successes, the individual we are looking for needs to be curious and passionate, loves people, and needs to be excited about numbers.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have ‘stickability’ when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve to fully understand all DataOrbis processes. You are a positive and driven team player who will support the team and business in the timeous and effective collection of debtors on behalf of the Data and Technology business entities.
You are interpersonally skilled and are confident in engaging with and in building rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required. You are proactive and tenacious in the execution of financial tasks and are not afraid to get stuck in where needed. You proactively and consistently follow up with multiple stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are met.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment, and can effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all and sundry are aware of timelines and deliverables.
The Debtors Officer will work closely and collaboratively with the finance, support and sales teams across the Data and Technology cluster regions.
This support financial function is based in Cape Town and as a business we offer a hybrid WFH environment and do have office space available should you wish to connect and collaborate with your team and work in an office environment.
Key responsibilities and deliverables include but are not limited to:
- Accurate and Timeous Preparation of Invoices to Clients
- Obtain and capture invoicing data from all regions for invoicing purposes
- Complete income vs. budget schedules for monthly management reports
- Prepare and process accurate and high quality invoices
- Timeous Collection of Debtors
- Ensure payments are made by each customer by the relevant due dates
- Complete weekly debtors reports, highlighting issues and providing appropriate solutions and discuss challenges with senior members of the team for resolution
- Handle customer, staff and management queries and obtain the required information and take corrective action where necessary
- Capture data for, and where possible upload the relevant information for all ledgers and companies
- Scan data for integrity, consistency, accuracy and completeness and obtain correct data when necessary
- Distribute debtors reports and commission statements
- Assist auditors with debtors’ receipts and queries
- Customer Satisfaction
- Monitor complaints received and follow up on complaints
- Solve queries and provide feedback
- Escalate queries when unable to resolve
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
Your skills and experience include
- Relevant diploma at NQF level 5 or any finance related degree is essential.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ working experience in Debtors administration and collections
- Skills in MS Excel and proficiency in NetSuite/SAGE/MS Dynamics 365 ERPs would be a distinct advantage
Key personal attributes include
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Logical and structured thought process
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work accurately within reporting deadlines
- Tact, discretion, and respect for confidentiality
- Good decision making with the ability to make sound independent judgements
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Deadline driven and takes ownership and remains accountable
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.