By Justin Rowles 20th Mar 2023
DataOrbis is a Smollan business and a leading global data management and insights company, that leads change by connecting people to their data. Working predominantly in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry we enable environments where clients and their brands can thrive by combining people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customized to our clients’ needs. With a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, over the past 10 years we have become a leader in the data management industry by constantly differentiating and evolving our offerings to meet client needs. We currently have offices in South Africa, MESA, Kenya, and the UAE. Our Values of Trust, Accountability, Innovation and Teamwork are the absolute foundation of our business, and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the brightest talent, to allow the right skills at the right place at the right time and for us to constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment. We are currently looking for a professionally skilled in Technical Sales, to join our team.
You value customer satisfaction and retention as a top priority, where you would promote and sell products or services available within the business. You would have a detailed understanding of the technical suite, its industry and line-of-business applications, its value, and how it can deliver innovation and success. You believe you are capable of discovering the client’s needs and architecting a workable and profitable solution and a convincing value proposition.
Our solutions combine people, processes, and cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customized to our client’s needs. They also incorporate ML, AI, IoT, and big data, enabling our clients to make better business decisions. We believe in innovation, and challenging the status quo, and as a result, we focus on building teams that are rooted in trust and creativity, where originality is celebrated. We pride ourselves on putting our team first, constantly upskilling, and creating a family-style culture. We are driven by autonomy, problem-solving, and loving the work that we do.
You would also report directly to the Head of Software” Africa at DataOrbis, and as a result, be a key player in big decisions and flipping the tech and data industry in the FMCG and retail industries.
Effective Sales and Pre-Sales
- Sourcing potential new customers and maintaining regular contact with existing customers
- Persuading potential customers to purchase products, leading price negotiations and closing sales
- Responsible for actively supporting and managing the presales process with direct and agency customers
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Assist with technical details for use in marketing collateral
- Demonstrate the software business’s products and services that specifically address the customer’s business problems and needs
- Be involved in the technical details of RFP preparation, based on having a detailed knowledge of the software business’s product suite and its application to business problems
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal Stakeholders
- Support product manager in maintenance of standard sales material and demo’s
Effective stakeholder engagement
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- OPSCO and Client Exec software update communication supported by product manager
- Engage customers to understand and closely analyse their requirements
- Engage customers to investigate opportunities/issues as software delivery point of contact.
- Complete the business analysis and technical component of a proposal with case studies and facts
- Work with the implementation team and product specialists to ensure they provide the intended solution to the customer
- Provide feedback to the product manager that can be used to influence or provide feedback on product roadmap items
- Work with the sales team by providing a clear understanding of the software business’s products and services that they sell to customers
- Inter-departmental collaboration
Effective teamwork and self-management
- Proactively develop own skills and knowledge of relevant best practice and ensure appropriate skills and knowledge transfer
- Actively and consistently maintain high standards of professionalism in all aspects of personal presentation and delivery
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained including meeting all deadlines
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organisational needs
Your skills and experience include
- Information Technology and/or Sales Degree.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Be able to communicate with all areas of the company and non-technical clients.
Key personal attributes include
- Systemic thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Conceptual thinking
- Performance and results-driven
- Organisational awareness
- Resilience and stress management
- Service Excellence
- Analysis and problem solving
- Industry and business awareness
- Quality and detail excellence
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic team, “please click here”
When applying, please ensure you have the minimum requirements. Applicants must have a valid South African or be a permanent resident.